Diet is an essential factor in helping mothers recover faster after giving birth. More than that, it also affects their baby separately. All infants should be fed enough breast milk on the first day of delivery. Therefore, all postpartum mothers must study how to choose their food correctly. This entails creating a specially customized menu for maximum benefit to their bodies.
How to choose the right food for the mother during the postpartum recovery period
Before researching which menu is required or suitable for the postpartum rehabilitation of mothers, you must first know how to choose the right food. This will help you cook it right and taste delicious while getting all the nutritional benefits.
- Postpartum women should eat three full meals that contain all five food groups in the right amount, focusing on vegetables, fruits, and lean meats, especially fish.
- Breakfast should be an easy-to-digest food that is rich in nutrients for the body.
- New mothers may supplement their diets with herbs such as ginger and pepper to help increase blood flow levels.
Reduce the risks that may affect the child. Besides knowing what foods to eat to recover after giving birth, you should also check out the list of foods you should avoid. For example:
Foods to Avoid for Postpartum Moms
- Refrain from eating spicy foods of all kinds, whether spicy, sour, salty, or sweet, because they may cause stomach upset to the baby when they drink breast milk.
- Avoid eating fried food; it prevents the problem of clogged milk ducts.
- Postpartum mothers should avoid fermented foods, tea, coffee, soft drinks, and all types of alcoholic beverages
- Avoid processed foods, including the seasoning powder MSG as well.
- Before taking any medication, consult a doctor or pharmacist that during breastfeeding can eat or not
Recommended Foods For Mothers Recovering After Birth
Here are great self-care hacks for postpartum mothers. These menu suggestions will help you recover faster while keeping the baby strong.
- Kaeng Liang, every mother’s favorite dish packed with vegetables and herbs, has a smooth taste and is easy to eat.
- Stir-fried chicken with ginger and stir-fried pork with ginger to stimulate blood circulation in the body.
- Fish porridge. This makes for an easy-to-eat breakfast menu. Don’t worry about gaining weight; getting complete nutrition is more important.
- Clear soup with tofu, minced pork, and seaweed have many benefits.
- Stir-fried mixed vegetables. Choose the type of vegetables according to the edges.
- Fresh fruits add essential vitamins and minerals to the body.
A mother’s recovery after giving birth is an important aspect that should not be overlooked. Good nutrition plays a key role in raising children with confidence and good health.