Water is often regarded as the most important meal a human being needs to stay alive. The body is mostly composed of water, making up about 60% of our body weight. This means that for your body and its organs to function well, it needs a constant water supply.
The benefits of drinking water are numerous. Some of them are:
- It helps carry waste out of cells.
- It helps maintain a good body temperature.
- Proper hydration helps transport nutrients to cells within the body and eases the circulation of these nutrients and other substances within the body.
- Water serves as lubrication for joints, allowing them to work well.
Now you have seen how important it is to be properly dehydrated. If you do not cultivate the habit of drinking water, you risk these things not being present; no proper waste removal, frequent thirst, digestive issues, and so on.
Every human being needs to drink enough water to stay hydrated. However, due to biological and physical differences, women and men are not required to drink the same water daily.
As a woman, drinking water is especially important and rewarding as proper hydration leads to great skin and healthy hair.
The water requirement for women is about 2.7 litres per day or about 11.5 glasses. There is another method for calculating the amount of water a person needs to drink. This is calculated based on body weight as follows:
(body weight x 2.2 x 30/2)/1000 = the amount of water (litres) that the body needs to receive per day.
It is often said that weight-based calculations are more accurate than the general criteria. This is because not everyone is the same, and drinking too much water your body requires could harm your body.
There are certain ways your body warns you of dehydration. These are the most common signs:
- Dry mouth, dry tongue
- Dark yellow urine
- Less urination than usual
- Terrible Thirst
- Mood swings and being easily irritable
- Dry and flaky skin
- Unusual feeling of the heart beating fast
- Some people may feel drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness, and blurred vision.
Dehydration, in some cases, if left for a long time, may affect other organs and accumulate until it causes an illness. That is why it is so important to stay hydrated constantly to compensate for the body’s water loss every day.
Here are some major advantages of drinking water as a woman. They include:
- Smooth and soft skin
- It reduces the risk of injury in the joints
- It helps maintain great memory
- It reduces stress and fatigue
- It helps you sleep soundly
- It helps with weight control
- It prevents gallstones
- By staying properly hydrated, all your body organs work perfectly well.
Drinking water is so essential to the body. When choosing a brand of water to drink, be careful not to choose brands that claim to treat their water with certain chemicals you know nothing of. It is better to stick to well-known brands and clean water.
It is said that humans can live 3 weeks without food but can only survive 3-4 days without water. This shows the great importance of drinking water and staying hydrated. Make sure your water intake is in the right amount, and do not overdo it. Remember, as it is said, “Good health starts within.”