Everyone knows that sleep is the best way for humans to rest. You should get at least 6-8 hours of sleep daily. However, many women experience insomnia due to many factors. Insomnia should not be overlooked, as it may predispose you to diseases. Consequently, your mental health also suffers when your physical health is bad.
Negative Effects of Insomnia on Women’s Health
When women don’t get enough sleep each day, their immune system is reduced, and their organs are not repaired promptly. This makes them more vulnerable to getting sick. More studies indicate that the longer the period of insomnia, the more the body becomes insulin resistant, increasing the chances of getting diabetes and cerebrovascular diseases. Short-term problems secondary to insomnia in women’s health include headaches, blurred vision, and fatigue, among many other aspects.
What causes insomnia? What are The Symptoms?
Insomnia can be divided into many forms. Let’s summarize them in a simple, easy-to-understand way. Typically, insomnia involves having difficulties falling asleep each night. These difficulties occur either at the beginning of sleep or during the night when you wake up and can’t go back to sleep despite wanting to continue sleeping. The main causes include stress, traditional health problems, psychological conditions, and the bedroom environment.
Tips to Improving Your Sleeping Habits
- Try to adjust your bedroom environment to be more relaxing by reducing the influx of outside light, adding fragrance to relax, and increasing the coolness appropriately for relaxation.
- Adjust your bedtime to be the same every day. The recommended bedtime is usually before 5 pm, which is the time when the body starts to repair the worn parts. The more you sleep for 6-8 hours, your face also looks younger.
- Try checking your physical health. Consult your doctor about the condition, although taking sleeping pills is not recommended if you still feel like you can sleep on your own.
- Try praying, meditating, or reading a light book to concentrate before bedtime and make it easier to fall asleep
- Watching violent movies before bed is discouraged as it may negatively affect your mental health. You should also avoid strenuous activities, such as exercising before bedtime.
A good night’s sleep ensures your body is freshened-up and ready for a new, happier day. It is important to pay attention to women’s health. If you are experiencing problems sleeping at night, do not hesitate to seek help.